Thursday, July 17, 2008

This photo taken courtesy of Brian's now FIANCEE, Nellie... OW W OWWWW!

This was taken after our first swim in Lake Coeur D'Alene, June 20th. I really didn't feel that tough, I just had the "Macho, Macho Man" song playing in my head. In fact, I was feeling pretty annoyed at this point, because the water was 54 degrees and I had never swam in anything that cold. Brian was already swimming when we met up, so I just jumped in and started hyperventilating when I hit the water. It hurt to submerge my face, but I made myself do it and ultimately my breathing returned to semi-normal. My hands felt tingly, like I was pushing away little swells of icy slush as I swam. Not fun. Fortunately, the water warmed up to 59 on Ironman day - woohoo. I know people that won't swim in 70 degree water. Anyway, the advantage was, cloaked in all that neoprene, one can swim like a boat right on top of the water. Awesome. Next time I will seed myself a bit closer to the front. IM #2 swim goal: 1 hour, 13 minutes. None of this lollygagging along, ladies.

No comments: